Top 4 Mistakes to Avoid When Listing Your Home With an Agent
- Going with the agent who promises you the highest sale price or the most amount of money (even if the price seems unrealistic)
- Choosing the agent who promises to save you money by discounting the commission rate
- Choosing the “nicest” agent
- Choosing an agent who works all by themselves, because you think they’ll work a lot harder and give you more personal attention
The Most Frequent Results of These Mistakes Are . . .
- The inflated list price you were quoted (in order to get your listing) results in few buyers coming to view your home (because they can get a comparable, properly priced house, for less money) and you end up having to endure a series of price reductions which result in your home finally selling for BELOW its true market value.
- A lower commission does not guarantee you will net more on your home sale. According to Real Estate consultant Bernice Ross, there is a “Big Lie” in real estate. It’s the lie that reducing the commission always results in more money for the seller. Nothing could be further from the truth. Virtually all sellers want to obtain the highest price possible for their property. No matter what you are selling, maximum exposure to the marketplace is a critical factor in achieving the highest price possible. Companies who cut services in exchange for taking a lower commission often cost clients much more than the extra one to three percent they save in commission. Depending on price, the cost can be tens of thousands of dollars.
- Your agent may be nice, but this doesn’t necessarily qualify them to do the best job of selling your home. Your agent’s personality will mean very little to you if you ultimately discover that they don’t have the expertise to market your home properly, so it sits on the market and either doesn’t sell or sells for lower than market value. (Our Team members are all great to work with AND we have a proven system to get your home sold Fast and for Top Dollar.)
- Your agent ends up neglecting some important steps because s/he is so over-busy trying to do everything all by themselves (and you end up with an inferior result)
To Find Out How Much You Can Sell Your Home For and How Long it Will Take Simply Provide the information requested using the form on this page, or call (321) 284-8159. This is a free service and comes with no obligation to list or sell your home.